United States, Maryland, BaltimoreSchumacher
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150 billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+ employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of home”. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wall coverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is our people. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values which are as follows:
• Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Take Ownership & Accountability
• Be Solutions-Oriented
• Demonstrate Courage
• Practice Adaptability
• Embrace Collaboration
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company of many brands within our portfolio. A passion for luxury and an unwavering commitment to beauty are woven into everything we do. Our mission is to elevate living through great design, to be a style leader within the design community, and to create a beautiful product, always.
Our MidAtlantic Region is seeking an Account Executive for the Maryland territory. The successful professional will exercise a strategic multi-brand and commodity sales strategy. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company. The position will be responsible for selling high-end fabric, wall covering & furniture lines as well as product and sampling assortments to accounts within the territory.
As a part of the outside sales team, the Account Executive will reinforce brand positioning within the marketplace and provide key service for accounts within the territory. Our Account Executives play a critical role in our goal of beautiful selling within a community, specifically in extending our client reach and elevating the experience of every client in the territory. This candidate will be ideally based in Baltimore, Maryland area and will cover Maryland areas with approximately 20% overnight travel.
• Exhibit product expertise and the ability to advise clients on all parts of their project.
• Inspire customers with new ideas, schemes, install shots, and brand marketing.
• Present line shows to clients in an exciting, well thought out fashion tailored to their own needs and style.
• Always provide the best possible customer service while enhancing the Schumacher mission to offer the highest quality product and service standards in the luxury market.
• Maximize sales of all luxury brands and product categories in the geographic territory including fabric, wall covering and furniture.
• Strategically establish, develop, and grow existing and new business in the residential market.
• Analyze the territory and identify growth opportunities for existing and new accounts.
• Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of all product categories, including pricing, industry competition and trends.
• Prepare comprehensive proposals specific to the client-customer needs for successful closure.
• Leverage the Schumacher sales and reporting tools to manage client order status and increase territory sales.
• Seek and develop new business opportunities through trade affiliations, industry functions such as market, line showings, mailing, trade publications, social and professional networking.
• Utilize and expand Schumacher’s presence through online and digital channels; utilize social media to expand brand presence and client reach.
• Collaborate with the showroom team to maximize sales across all product categories to achieve individual and team sales goals
- Ability to establish and execute a multi-brand account strategy in the interior design market.
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals through active collaboration and ability to influence the sale.
- Experience in managing multiple accounts and building trusting and mutually successful client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and to build account level sales as well as strategically develop new business in a rapidly changing environment.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial mindset to expand client base and grow existing accounts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and adapt to change.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills; high level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Proven ability to identify growth opportunities including high potential customers & new accounts.
- Basic knowledge and proficiency of Instagram and using social media.
Your wellbeing is our top priority. Our benefits and total compensation are designed for the whole person, caring for both you and your family.
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Annual Profit Sharing
- 401K Plan
- Dental Coverage
- Medical Coverage
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 25 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Company Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- AFLAC Plans (Accident and Critical Illness Plans)
- Pet Insurance
- Short-Term Disability (STD)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Parental Medical Leave
- Child Bonding Leave
- Employee Discount
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.