RemoteUnited States, New York, New YorkF Schumacher & Co.
F. Schumacher & Co. is a fast-growing and innovative interior design company. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. We are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark. F. Schumacher & Co., also know as FSCO, is the parent company to many brands within our portfolio.
While we are proud of our storied heritage (we were founded in 1889!), we approach each day ready to innovate and push boundaries. Work at Schumacher is the best of all worlds: the risk taking and entrepreneurialism of a fast-growth start-up with the benefits of a recognized brand and resources!
Our company core values, reflect this energy and are infused into all that we do:
- Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take Ownership & Accountability
- Be Solutions-Oriented
- Demonstrate Courage
- Practice Adaptability
- Embrace Collaboration
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the daily financial and accounting operations for the company, leading and assisting in the improvement and maintenance of the quality of the financial close, oversight and development of the accounting team, and ad projects as needed. This position will also work closely with other finance teams, including tax and financial planning & analysis, in ensuring a timely and accurate monthly book close and the preparation of effective management analyses and reporting.
- Lead and train team members to ensure timely and accurate execution of relevant processes.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and year end accounting close procedures, and maintain compliance with required deadlines.
- Prepare, oversee, and manage general accounting entries, which include but are not limited to, Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Accruals, Equity, Royalties, and Revenue Recognition entries.
- Assist with corporate accounting activities, including equity, consolidations, international accounting, foreign currency translations and intercompany transactions and eliminations.
- Perform monthly variance analyses, bridges and other analyses and investigate trends and significant variances.
- Ensure that the accounting records, reports and supporting documentation are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and government regulations.
- Assist with implementing, documenting and executing internal controls and accounting policies to promote effective governance and accurate financial reporting.
- Partner with other departments to accurately prepare monthly financial statements and forecasts.
- Manage the preparation of audit schedules.
- Assist with system development and implementation.
- Preparation and performance of ad hoc or ongoing projects and schedules as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of progressive accounting and finance experience in an organization of similar scale and complexity.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, financial statement analysis, and internal controls.
- Experience in leading a teams.
- High level of interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Highly detail oriented.
- Ability to work cross functionally in order to achieve desired results.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professional skepticism.
- Ideal candidate will have a desire, willingness and ability to grow beyond the advertised role, and at the appropriate time move to another role within finance or the broader organization.
- Must have a moderate to high level of competency in Microsoft Excel, and experience creating and delivering power point presentations.
- Knowledge of GP is a plus.