United States, New York, New YorkFSCO Headquarters
F. Schumacher & Co. is a fast-growing and innovative interior design company. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. We are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company to many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
F. Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcovering, floorcovering, and furnishings is seeking a Customer Service Specialist based out of our NYC office. This person will be responsible for supporting clients as well as the Schumacher sales team. This is an exciting and highly visible position that plays an important role in supporting the company’s success. The right Customer Service Specialist is a quick learner who is open to change and resourceful in finding solutions.
- Respond to incoming calls, chats, and emails in a timely manner
- Enter sales orders, track packages, troubleshoot tech issues, and educate customers on how to shop with Schumacher—among many other things!
- Advocate for Schumacher clients by tracking and reporting shortcomings in current customer experience to various teams across the organization
- Collaborate with the Sales team on client relationship management
- Act as a spokesperson for Schumacher’s brand and values
- Complete special tasks and projects as needed
- A people person with a passion for providing a best-in-class customer experience
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Ability to multitask and change direction based on business needs
- Forward-thinking—our team is always growing and evolving!
- Composed, professional, and an adept problem solver
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Experience with Zendesk and/or Stripe is a plus
- BA or BS preferred
- Prior experience in a customer service capacity
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.