RemoteUnited States, New York, New YorkFSCO Headquarters
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150 billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+ employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of home”.
Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wall coverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is people. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values which are as follows:
- Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take Ownership & Accountability
- Be Solutions-Oriented
- Demonstrate Courage
- Practice Adaptability
- Embrace Collaboration
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company of many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Manage and participate in the monthly close process and other daily activities (e.g. preparation and review of journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, account analyses, and monthly financial reporting) of the supported business units and/or departments
- Understand channel/customer/product segment results through P&L analysis: trends, mix, various ad-hoc analyses.
- Prepare the company’s short and long-range financial plan including developing and analyzing the assumptions used to develop revenue, COGS, operating expense projections and full financial statements. Develop complex excel models as appropriate. Prepare reports for executive management team, as needed. Prepare the analysis for quarterly reviews and the annual audit process.
- Prepare the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecast processes. Work closely with senior management and department managers to monitor expense drivers against budget. Enhance automation processes for budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare monthly spending reports vs. budget including documentation of material variances. Acts as key financial resource to managers for financial guidance, and business partner in pursuit of implementing practices to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Partner with business partners, internal and external, to ensure accounting processes are complete, streamlined and scalable
- May develop, coach and manage team of accounting and finance personnel
- Readily accepts new opportunities and takes appropriate actions to ensure the work is done; energizes team members to achieve timely results; sets expectations and empowers others to problem solve; demonstrates good judgment; facilitates successful and appropriate solutions
- Work on special projects and provide ad hoc analysis and projects as directed
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, R&D, Procurement, and leadership to evaluate the financial impact of new products.
- Own and lead components of the Finance Transformation agenda, including but not limited to implementing greater automation, improving financial visibility, and developing a BU Finance “center of excellence”
- Minimum of 5-7 years of financial analysis or accounting experience
- Proficient in MS Excel and able to manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Proficient in General Ledger systems (Great Plains preferred)
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with sense of urgency, accuracy, teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to relay verbal and written information concisely and effectively
- Bachelor's degree required (Accounting, Finance, Business)