Junior Tech Support Specialist
United States, New York, New YorkFSCO Headquarters
F. Schumacher & Co. is a fast-growing and innovative interior design company. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. We are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company to many brands within our portfolio.
In the past year, Schumacher has launched an award-winning iOS App, totally overhauled the filter and search on our website, and developed the first API connect to our ERP software – all to the delight of our clients and measured returns for our company.
Now we are implementing a VoIP phone system, Office 365 and migrating our on-premise processing platform to the cloud and we are looking for a talented, energetic Tech Support Specialist to augment our current Tech support staff.
Schumacher is top of mind in its industry and runs on a complex network of applications that support our product development, procurement, e-commerce, and world-wide shipping operations. Our team creates and maintains the technology that powers these systems and in 2021, we are taking our technology stack to the next level.
- Act as a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance for systems in a Windows and Mac environment
- Effectively use your knowledgebase and other tools to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, network and account-related issues
- Deploy, install, and maintain PCs and software, tending to all adds, moves, and changes
- Appropriately document all required information in call tracking system
- Exercise appropriate workflow and time management
- Carry out additional duties, which may vary based on needs
- Demonstrate high level of responsiveness, resourcefulness, and follow through
- Assist troubleshooting other sites as needed (remotely)
- Assist onsite and remotely
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution
- 1-3 years of tech support experience
- Familiarity with common IP networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, and user-facing skills
- An understanding of VPN setup
- Entry-level experience with Active Directory / Exchange / Office 365
- Entry-level experience with Windows 10 and Mac OS devices.
- Experience with TeamViewer / Remote desktop connection
- Familiarity with mobile platforms (Android / iOS)
- Knowledge of IP phone technology
- Excellent multitasking and follow up skills
- User Experience at front of mind
- Computer hardware expertise
- Experience supporting end-users in a corporate environment
- Hands-on experience with Ricoh printers.
The applicant needs to be based and authorized to work in the United States.
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.