Print and Digital Graphic Designer
United States, New York, New YorkFSCO Headquarters
F. Schumacher & Co. is a fast-growing and innovative interior design company. We are a
technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for
excellence. We are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges
convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark. F.
Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company to many brands within our
Frederic, a subsidiary of F. Schumacher & Co., generates content devoted to interior design with the belief that design can transform the way we live and how we feel. Frederic is excited to add a highly creative and detail-oriented member to its team. The Print and Digital Graphic Designer will report to the Art Director encompass creating and designing print and digital materials for all FSCO channels. The role is rooted in creating breathtaking, engaging, and intelligent content. Armed with a passion for design, and the ability to conceptualize content, the right candidate will thrive in our fun, and fast-paced environment.
- Assist the FSCO Art Director with the design of all assets including but not limited to Frederic magazine, fredericmagazine.com, Frederic social assets, FSCO books, video and more
- Think critically about the goals and power of each design
- Design print layouts for Frederic
- Support Art Director with book layout and production
- In coordination with the Art Director, work with the Frederic magazine team to produce digital newsletters
- Work with fredericmagazine.com team to build feature stories, creating visuals, and resizing images
- Work Art Director and FSCO social media team to create assets for all Frederic social media channels
- Collaborate with Art Director and FSCO social media team to create graphics for video and moving images
- Assist with photography organization and requests from internal team members
- Support team and company goals as needed, excitedly taking on new and more projects as needed
- Continually push the envelope with new content and design concepts
- Strongly consider priorities and deadlines, ensuring to complete each project on time and revising it as needed
- 3-4 years’ experience
- A degree in Graphic Design, BFA preferred
- Exceptional design and layout skills
- Strong Photoshop, conceptual, typographic, drawing, and layout skills
- Proficient in Adobe CC specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of web motions graphics and video using After Effects is a plus
- Knowledge in Microsoft office
- The ability to design across many different categories and aesthetics, for various territories, while staying true to the various FSCO brands
- A no-task-is-too-small attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure, multi-task, stay organized.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Resume and portfolio are required
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.