Assistant to the Chief Creative Officer and Schumacher NA Brand Director
United States, New York, New YorkFSCO Headquarters
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150 billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+ employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of home”. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wall coverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is people. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values which are as follows:
- Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take Ownership & Accountability
- Be Solutions-Oriented
- Demonstrate Courage
- Practice Adaptability
- Embrace Collaboration
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company of many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
About the Role
The Creative Services team is excited to add a highly organized, go-getting multitasker with a creative bent to its team. In the past years, the Creative Services team has grown exponentially. This position is a perfect way to get your start in an exciting creative environment by assisting both the FSCO Chief Creative Officer and the Schumacher NA Brand Director. You’ll learn many aspects of the business while also learning what it takes to produce engaging content and assets.
- Assist the FSCO Chief Creative Officer and Schumacher Brand Director supporting them in all facets of their work
- Manage calendars, travel, and expenses, ensuring that all requests are handled promptly and accurately
- Think critically about priorities and deadlines, keeping on task and on time while bringing new ideas to the table to improve workflow and time management
- Create presentations and manage lists using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Contribute to various creative projects, such as assisting with photo shoot preparation and logistics, sorting photo assets, booking photographers, stylists and other talent, acquiring photography usage rights, etc.
- Assist on set during photo shoots
- Write copy for branded collateral, social, etc.
- Support team and company goals as needed, excitedly taking on new projects as needed
- Must be located in the NYC Metro area and work in office 3-4 times per week as needed
- 0-2 years administrative experience
- Highly organized
- Strong ability to manage time and multiple high priority projects
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- A sense of urgency, willingness to take initiative and proactive
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Power Point and Excel
- A no-task-is-too-small attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure, multi-task, follow directions, stay organized
- A passion for interior design and a discerning eye
Your wellbeing is our top priority. Our benefits and total compensation are designed for the whole person, caring for both you and your family.
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Annual Profit Sharing
- 401K Plan
- Dental Coverage
- Medical Coverage
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 25 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Company Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- AFLAC Plans (Accident and Critical Illness Plans)
- Pet Insurance
- Short-Term Disability (STD)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Parental Medical Leave
- Child Bonding Leave
- Employee Discount