Business Operations Intern
United States, New York, New YorkFSCO Headquarters
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN NEW YORK
F. Schumacher & Co. is a fast-growing and innovative interior design company. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. We are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company to many brands within our portfolio. This internship is part of our Hospitality division.
We are seeking a department Intern with interest in interior design and e-commerce for the Spring and Summer of 2022. The successful candidate will be exposed to assist with all aspects of the Hospitality Sales and Hospitality Product team at Schumacher. The position will engage in responsibilities that fall under product development goals, sales and marketing initiatives, sampling efforts, and order processing.
Schumacher products (high-end fabric, trim, and wall covering).This New York City-based, in office Intern will help with efforts to continue to grow Schumacher's strong brand positioning within the growing Hospitality and Contract sectors. We are looking for a highly motivated intern with an interest in exploring the different facets of product development and sales operations.
● Collaborate with the Hospitality team and the Product Development
Manager to execute key initiatives and tasks for the department's
● Assist in SKU upload and management of SKU listings for all product
categories featured within the Hospitality portfolio.
● Manage product testing and database of certificates and product
● Process memo orders and project shops for the Hospitality team.
● Assist in creating a Hospitality-specific glossary for new Website.
● Create catalogue and presentation of custom and bespoke products.
● Assist with operations and logistical tasks as needed.
● Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university or hold a
bachelor's degree and have a competitive GPA.
● A successful multitasker who is comfortable in a fast-paced
● Ability to be both collaborative and self-sufficient to meet and exceed
needs of business.
● A great interest (passion preferred) for interior design and creative
● Knowledgeable and/or interested in textiles and wall coverings and
● Competent in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
● Quick comprehension of online software & tools.
● A self-motivated, proactive, fearless and positive attitude.
● Eager to be a team player and learn along the way
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.