Help Desk Intern
United States, New York, New YorkF Schumacher & Co.
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150
billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design
frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+
employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are
dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of
home”. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics,
wallcoverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is
broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation
for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for
detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both
domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is people. We believe that our employees are our
most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values
which are as follows:
Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
Take Ownership & Accountability
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will
positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the
parent company to many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North
America, which is the largest division of the company.
A Help Desk Intern is a student employee that assists the Help Desk Team, provide quality technology support under the direct supervision of the Lead Computer Technician.
- Assists the Help Desk Team to deliver technology support
- Accept technical support emails and calls to the IT Department and log
- Forward technical support issues that cannot be addressed by the Help Desk to the appropriate technician
- Assist with the deployment of new equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, and software-related problems, when possible from the Help Desk.
- Assist in printer issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic network and server access problems for end-users, when possible from the Help Desk.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with WAN, VLAN, firewall, VPN, etc. systems, when possible from the Help Desk.
- Assist in collecting information for the equipment inventory.
GOALS OF THE INTERNSHIP:
- Learn some of the many facets of information services and technology
- Hands on learning experience in the technology arena
- Learn how to work with different types of personalities
- Enrollment in or a recent graduate with a degree from a computer science, Instructional technology program with a high GPA
- The ability to multi-task and the willingness to be a team player.
- A self-motivated, proactive, fearless and positive attitude.
- An eagerness to learn while keeping up in a fast-paced environment
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.