Part-time Shipping and Receiving Associate | Night Shift
United States, New York, New YorkF Schumacher & Co.
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150 billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+ employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of home”.
Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wall coverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is people. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values which are as follows:
- Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take Ownership & Accountability
- Be Solutions-Oriented
- Demonstrate Courage
- Practice Adaptability
- Embrace Collaboration
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company of many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
As Part-time Shipping and Receiving Associate | Night Shift (430pm-10:00pm)
- Pick orders and prepare them for small package or freight shipment by the ship date
- Generate packing lists
- Serve as the point of contact for outbound and inbound shipments of all types
- Break down and re-palletize products
- Receive raw material shipments and accurately input received quantities into the ERP
- Inspect all incoming shipments for damage or other quality issues
- Maintain organization of raw materials in storage and on the floor
- Track inventory related to shipping and general floor organization, submit replenishment numbers for ordering on a weekly basis
- Track weekly shipping targets and proactively communicate regarding deadlines, issues with orders and other flagged items
- Achieve proficiency across all other dept. functions and sub in as needed
- Assist in maintaining a general cleanliness across the manufacture floor including sweeping, trash removal, and general area organization.
- Ensure orders are sent out in the highest quality capable and correcting the shipments if any errors are discovered.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday 430pm-10:00pm est
- Thrive in target driven environment and willing to do what it takes to meet deadlines
- A great communicator and active contributor to larger team goals and processes
- Enjoys the small team environment, high energy and scrappy
- Resourceful, a creative problem solver
- Willing to pick up additional shifts as needed (overtime pay)
- Highly organized, ability to keep your workstation clean and tidy
- Able to handle product with care
- Able to utilize ladders and other small equipment
- Able to lift 60lbs, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead, push and pull heavy boxes and containers, stand for long periods of time; this is a largely active role
- Experience in receiving, counting materials and stocking materials a plus
- Experience working with ERP systems a plus
- Able to respond quickly to shifting order priorities and stay focused while working on deadlines