People & Organization Specialist
United States, New York, New YorkFSCO Headquarters
F. Schumacher & Co. is a fast-growing and innovative interior design company. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. We are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark. F. Schumacher & Co., also know as FSCO, is the parent company to many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wall-coverings, trims, furniture and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher has myriad showrooms in the United States and nationally, as well as a best-in-class website.
The People & Organization Team
The Schumacher North America People & Organization team is a dynamic and dedicated team focused on driving the success of our customers by supporting our business goals and helping our employees succeed. We partner closely with our business leaders to set goals, architect business strategy, cultivate company culture, manage employee experience, build strong relationships, and effectively solve problems.
The Schumacher North America (SchuNA) People & Organization (P&O) team is looking
for a People & Organization Manager who will report to the Director of P&O. Core Focus Areas and Responsibilities
Employee Relations and Relationship Building:
• Work closely with department leaders and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Proactively build strong relationships with employees across levels as well as
business unit leaders.
• Manage and work to resolve employee relations issues as they arise.
Hiring and Staffing Strategy
• Work closely with hiring managers on staffing strategy to ensure teams are
staffed appropriately to help achieve our Regional goals.
• Work closely with recruitment and hiring managers in the creation of job
descriptions and provide guidance in hiring, compensation, promotion, and
• Work closely with recruitment and relevant business unit leads to further expand
employer branding and communications.
Employee Experience & Culture
• Help manage and draft Schumacher North America internal communications to
ensure team members are informed of relevant company updates and to further
develop a cohesive company culture.
• Work to evolve performance management process across Schumacher North
• Identify additional opportunities for Infrastructural improvement.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
•3 or 4 years of relevant Human Resources experience required.
• Proven track record of successfully managing employee relations, HR policies,
and implementation of programs and initiatives to drive culture.
• Proactive and positive attitude; energetic and cooperative team player.
• Excellent ethical decision-making skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent at communication and building
• Entrepreneurial spirit - must thrive in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly
changing environment and effectively handle competing priorities; must
have a desire to make meaningful contributions on a small team.
• Ability to use Microsoft suite, Excel and Powerpoint as business tools.
• SHRM certification a plus.
The ideal candidate is:
• Proactive and forward-thinking. Our success in business comes from our
creativity and ability to lead our industry. We believe the same applies to our
People strategy. We are constantly revisiting the goals of the business and realigning
our People strategy to best meet those goals.
• Intrinsically motivated. FSCO is a place where motivated individuals are
rewarded with near-endless opportunities. All voices are not only welcome but
expected to share their insights. For that reason, we focus less on reporting
structures and more on roles and expertise.
• Relationship oriented. No People team can be effective without the ability to
develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with fellow team members.
This role, in particular, will partner closely with the leaders across the company to
drive positive results.
• Creative thinker. Although we can all get caught up in the day-to-day, we find
it essential to make time to analyze where we are going, why, and whether there
is a better way. Even non-designers can be creatives!
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.