United States, New York, New YorkFSCO Headquarters
F. Schumacher & Co. is a fast-growing and innovative interior design company. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. We are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark.
F. Schumacher & Co., also know as FSCO, is the parent company to many brands within our portfolio.
This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wallcoverings, trims, furniture and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher has myriad showrooms in the United States and nationally, as well as a best-in-class website.
As Procurement Assistant, you will support the team by monitoring the status of all open purchase orders with our supply chain, as well as communicating and resolving any order-related inquiries from our customers and internal teams. You will also assist with the writing of purchase orders, help route shipments for fastest and/or best price options, and ensure all systems of record are updated seamlessly, accurately, and timely. Additionally, you will assist with documenting and reporting on vendor performance via a scorecard. The Procurement Assistant will report to the Procurement Specialist and support all company and department initiatives.
- Maintain purchase order detail information across multiple systems and documentation, ensuring accuracy and timely updates
- Assist with the writing of purchase orders and submit to vendors
- Monitor status of open purchase orders (new goods and reorders) and provide weekly report/updates, with recommendations to mitigate late, at-risk, or back ordered items
- Help determine optimal shipment methods from vendor to warehouse/customer
- Monitor Supply Chain email inbox and provide timely and accurate responses to customers and internal teams regarding inventory status or other order-related inquiries
- Conduct and report thorough analyses of vendor performance
- 1-2 years of production management, product development, or project management experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to multi-task and the willingness to be a team player, while effectively meeting deadlines
- A self-motivated, proactive, and positive attitude
- Competency in Microsoft Office, including strength in Excel
- An eagerness to learn while keeping up in a fast-paced environment
- A degree in Operations or Production Management is preferred but not required