Production Category Assistant
United States, New York, New YorkSchumacher
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150 billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+ employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of home”. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wall coverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is people. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values which are as follows:
- Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take Ownership & Accountability
- Be Solutions-Oriented
- Demonstrate Courage
- Practice Adaptability
- Embrace Collaboration
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company of many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
About The Role
F. Schumacher & Co. is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcoverings, floor-coverings and furnishings. The Merchandising & Design team is excited to add a hard-working, focused, fun-loving team member.
The Production Category Assistant will interface with Merchandising, Design, Procurement, and the vendor base daily in support of key product development deliverables and purchase orders readiness. You will manage communication and Pre PO process from start to finish. Additionally, you assist the design team on CFA tracking and approvals. The Category Assistant will be managing all creative requests and will communicate with vendors and track product to meet these deliverables. The Production Category Assistant will report to the Senior Category Manager and support all department initiatives.
- Liaise with design, merchandising, and vendors to keep the product development timeline on track.
- Manage the Pre PO creation across all categories in accordance with the product development.
- Partner with merchandising to ensure that all Pre POs are sent out and received on time.
- Ensure that product information is available to cross-functional teams prior to milestones.
- Partner with procurement on CFA tracking.
- Assist Design in ensuring that CFAs are approved and sent to the photo studio in a timely manner in order to be ready for launch.
- Manage HTS codes for launch readiness.
- Responsible to keep track and ensure all textiles are CAL 117 tested (flame tested)
- Manage marketing and creative requests, collaborating with merchandising and creative teams to be the point of contact for all requests.
- Work with vendors to communicate marketing requests and collaborate with procurement to track product to meet deliverables.
- 1-2 years of project management, merchandising, product development and/or production.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to multi-task and the willingness to be a team player, while effectively meeting deadlines
- A self-motivated, proactive, fearless and positive attitude
- An eagerness to learn while keeping up in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for beauty, style and interior design