Showroom Sales Representative
United States, District of Columbia, Washington DCSchumacher
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150 billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+ employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of home”. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wall coverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is people. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values which are as follows:
- Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take Ownership & Accountability
- Be Solutions-Oriented
- Demonstrate Courage
- Practice Adaptability
- Embrace Collaboration
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company of many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
About The Role
We are looking for a showroom sales representative in our WASHINGTON, DC showroom to be responsible for generating leads and meeting sales goals. Duties will include sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well as negotiate following:
- Generate sales of all product categories to help achieve the overall sales goal
- Keep showroom accounts up-to-date on new product and offerings through targeted mailings, telephone calls, emails, etc.
- Place and follow up on customer orders
- Perform routine showroom maintenance responsibilities as designated such as merchandising, inventory, sample maintenance, etc.
- Provide the best possible customer service while enhancing the Schumacher mission to offer the highest quality product and service standards in the luxury market
- Consistently seek to expand your working knowledge of interior design and current Schumacher collections.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable and/pr enthusiastic about the luxury interior design industry
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A goal-oriented, team player
- A positive attitude
- Ability to identify growth opportunities including high potential customers & new accounts
Your wellbeing is our top priority. Our benefits and total compensation are designed for the whole person, caring for both you and your family.
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Annual Profit Sharing
- 401K Plan
- Dental Coverage
- Medical Coverage
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 25 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Company Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- AFLAC Plans (Accident and Critical Illness Plans)
- Pet Insurance
- Short-Term Disability (STD)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Parental Medical Leave
- Child Bonding Leave