Washington DC/Mid-Atlantic Hospitality Account Executive
Washington DC, District of Columbia, United StatesHospitality
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150 billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+ employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of home”. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wallcoverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is people. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values which are as follows:
- Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take Ownership & Accountability
- Be Solutions-Oriented
- Demonstrate Courage
- Practice Adaptability
- Embrace Collaboration
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company to many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
About The Role:
Working on the Hospitality team, the successful candidate will develop strong relationships with Hospitality Designers, Developers, and Purchasing Agents to secure Hospitality, Contract and Commercial projects. The individual will take a consultative approach to generate leads and close projects from accounts in the Mid-Atlantic and New York. The Hospitality Design Consultant will reinforce brand positioning within the marketplace and provide service for select accounts in the Mid-Atlantic and New York.
- Identify, contact, and build new client relationships and cultivate existing ones across the Hospitality, Contract and Commercial sectors.
- Maximize sales of product categories (fabric, wallcovering, trim) in the geographic region for hospitality and commercial clients
- Present to clients in person and over Zoom to pitch Schumacher Hospitality and share design and treatment capabilities to clients to secure project leads and quotes.
- Update and maintain Schumacher Hospitality presence in client libraries' and provide samples and tools to clients.
- Manage project pipeline and analyze the territory to identify growth opportunities for existing and new accounts.
- Collaborate with Project Manager and Hospitality Team to maximize sales across all product categories to achieve individual and team sales goals.
- Leverage Schumacher Hospitality marketing, sales, and reporting tools to manage client order status and increase territory sales.
- Maintain database with most up-to-date client and project information.
- Represent the luxury brand by providing the best possible customer service while enhancing the Schumacher mission to offer the highest quality product and service standards in the luxury market.
- Consistently seek to expand your working knowledge of interior design, current Schumacher and Hospitality collections and seek depth of knowledge in the luxury interior Hospitality design industry.
- Be a Schumacher Hospitality ambassador and grow the Hospitality, Commercial, Contract business in the Mid-Atlantic and New York.
- 2-5 years of client-facing, outside sales experience.
- Ability and desire to travel and visit clients up to 80% of the time.
- Experience in managing multiple accounts and building successful client relationships.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial mindset to expand client base and grow existing accounts.
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals through active collaboration and influence the sale.
- Establish and execute account strategy in the Hospitality, Commercial, and Contract markets
- Able to carry samples, boxes, books and other sales and marketing materials.
- Highly organized and exceptional follow-through skills.
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- An interior design background is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office suite.
Your wellbeing is our top priority. Our benefits and total compensation are designed for the whole person, caring for both you and your family.
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Annual Profit Sharing
- 401K Plan
- Dental Coverage
- Medical Coverage
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 25 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Company Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- AFLAC Plans (Accident and Critical Illness Plans)
- Pet Insurance
- Short-Term Disability (STD)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Parental Medical Leave
- Child Bonding Leave
- Employee Discount
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.